Sunday, June 22

And now, a guest entry from Adam!

Hi, this is Adam.

I like to visit Erin when I am not busy at home and during this visit I volunteered my help towards her internship.

The last two days have been tough. Thursday we started laying all of the earth-bags we had filled which almost completed the first layer. I can tell this is going to be very tedious process from here on- digging the dirt to be sifted - filling the sifted dirt into bags and then laying them - and finally tamping them. Tamping is where my energy has been spent the last two days- it takes a lot out of me.

Not a lot of progress was made at John's site Friday. John, Jeff, and I didn't spend a lot of time on a particular job. I stuck to tamping for the most part until John mentioned needing trenches dug for drains to empty through. After I dug a trench for two sinks and a shower, the site looked a small mess. I await to hear Phil's thoughts on our progress/changes.

A few of John's friends showed up in the afternoon Friday. We gave them a tour of the site and surrounding projects, such as the straw bale house. In return they brought us extra lunch and provided wonderful conversation and company for an hour or so. Sometime after that we called it quitting time and I drove Jeff home. It was a good steady day for a Friday, and a good way to start the weekend.

I will not be able to be here for a majority of the project, but hope to visit again to help and maybe see the finished production of John's house.

No comments: